Save the Child Initiative signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Chemonics to implement the Strategic HI/AIDS response Program Task Order 1 (SHARP TO 1), Project in Illela LGA of Sokoto state. Under the project, the organization will be identifying cases of GBV/HIV/AIDS for referral to health and other social-related services. During the quarter under review, the organization achieved the following.
- 57 survivors (Women and Girls) counselled on how to build their resilience to overcome the trauma of their experience and also learn from each other through experience sharing.
- 38 survivors knowledge strengthened on hygiene, dangers of self-medication and how to start a small scale business/trade.
- 57 community stakeholders consisting of traditional leaders, religious leaders and youth leaders sensitized on GBV and its effect during awareness raising campaign in Tozai and Garu wards of Illela LGA.
- Awareness raising and sensitization visit to key community stakeholders facilitated in the identification and reporting of cases to the organization.
- 66 cases of GBV were identified consisting of 22 sexual violence and 44 physical / emotional violence that were referred to other service providers in Illela LGA.