Save the Child Initiative continued implementation of the access to Non-formal learning centers in Tangaza Local government area of Sokoto state across five wards which includes; Tangaza, Mongoho, Sakkwai, Ruwa Wuri, Sutti.
The organization conducted the following activities
- Facilitated monthly meeting with Centre Based Management Committees
- Facilitated meeting with Women Group
- Monitoring of Community Coalition activities.
- Monthly Monitoring of Learning Sessions.
- Established Education and Safety Committee.
- Conducted Assessment of learners from across the learning centers
|STCI Staff with CBMC members in Tangaza ward of Tangaza LGA.
|Meeting with Community Coalition Members in Tangaza Local Government Education Authority Office, Tangaza LGA.
After successful completion of activities under cohort 1 of the grant, Save the Child Initiative signed a new sub-agreement for cohort 2 with Northern Education Initiative Plus to implement the Non-formal Education project in Wurno LGA of Sokoto state across six Wards which includes; Cha-Cho Marnona, Dinawa, Kwargaba, Dimbiso, Marafa and Tunga wards of Wurno LGA of Sokoto state.
The organization implemented the following activities;
- Participated in Coordination Meeting with other Year 2 Grantees
- Conducted One week community mapping on out of school children across Cha-Cho Marnona, Dinawa, Kwargaba, Dimbiso, Marafa and Tunga wards of Wurno LGA.
- Conducted advocacy/liaison visit to Gatekeepers and Duty bearers across the six wards
- Established and reactivated Community structures such as the CBMCs, Women Group and CC in Wurno LGA
- Interviewed and recruit 40 facilitators across the six wards.
- Enrolled 1800 learners into Learning Centers (28 NFLCs, 6 YLCs and 6 AGLCs) across the six wards
- Procured and distributed learning/instructional materials to learners and facilitators across the six wards
- Participated in meetings with Centre Based Management Committees across the six wards
- Participated in monthly meetings with Women group in Wurno
- Conducted two quarterly meetings with Community coalition in Wurno
- Conducted monitoring visit to 28 NFLCs, 6 AGLCs and 6 YLCs across the six wards.
- Enrolled the 270 youths and 270 adolescent girls into livelihood skills
- Monthly monitoring of livelihood activities
- Conducted monthly palace visit, influencer’s meeting, and community dialogue meeting with youths and children.
|Palace Visit to the District Head of Kwargaba Ward In Wurno LGA, Sokoto
|Community Dialogue with Youths and Children InTunga Ward of Wurno LGA.